So excited to hit the ground running!
After taking 6 months off from my 30+ year career to experience a wonderful sabbatical, I'm so exited to be starting my own business as a FocalPoint Certified Business Coach! FocalPoint Business Coaching and Training Excellence is an awesome franchise based on the extensive work of Brian Tracy - one of the most well known business coaches. I'm so impressed with both Brian's work, and the extensive materials offered by the FocalPoint franchise. Both are enabling me to HIT THE GROUND RUNNING!
More on my insights about the extensive training and materials in upcoming blogs. For this first entry, I'm going to go off on a tangent - that's likely something you'll see me do a lot in these blogs. I've had a lot of questions about what I did on my sabbatical. It was an awesome 7 months where I dedicated time to community board positions, industry groups, angel investing, the startup community and most importantly family. Here's a sampling of what I did:
- Helped Raise over $300,000 as Co-Chair of Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast Celebrate the Promise. A Gala and auction to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the council.
- Keynote speaker for NCWIT-WI Aspirations award ceremony (National Center for Women in Technology – Wisconsin) https://www.aspirations.org/aspirations-community/wisconsin
- Presenter at CIO Evanta conference in Wisconsin. Topic: Clearing a Path to Digital. https://www.evanta.com/cio/summit/milwaukee#speakers
- Dedicated more time to Board seats at Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast, United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County, and co-chair of IT United
- Dabbled in a Blockchain start-up
- Spent time in the workings of Silicon Pastures Angel Investment Group
- Went on a Caribbean cruise, camping trips with family, and other various road trips (as little plane time as possible!)
- Re-ignited my passion for interior design as well as arts and crafts focusing on paper art and jewelry, including several classes, projects, and the Bead and Button show
- Balanced and re-centered with regular meditation practice and lots of rest and relaxation
And saving the best decision I made for last....
....started my own business through a FocalPoint Business Coaching franchise!
CATCH YOU SOON ON MY NEXT POST!